We’re committed to your privacy. We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. This policy defines what information we collect about you and how we use it.
The Flooringfitness.com website (“Flooringfitness”) is owned and operated by Asteri Technology L.T.D.
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, submit a product review, post articles in our Community section, send messages to another Buyer or Seller, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
We collect this information either because it is necessary in the performance of a contract with you, or in our legitimate interests to do so or to meet our legal obligations. The table below details the data we collect and what it is used for.
Information we collect and why?
Identifying information such as your name, addresses, email addresses and phone number.
- So that our Sellers can fulfil your orders and deliver purchases to you
- So that we can send you service messages such as order updates.
- To send you information about new products and promotions, which is in our legitimate interests to do so to improve our offering to you and to grow our business. We will always offer a way out of receiving our marketing messages. See the Marketing Messages section below.
- So that you can make full use of site features like the Wish List, viewing and managing your orders and communicating with buyers and sellers.
- So that we or our Sellers can provide you with assistance.
- To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
Your payment information
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via our contracted third party service provider. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our third party payment provider to process a payment.
- Take payment, and give refunds (or in the case of Sellers, to pay you)
- To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
- Provide customer service and support
- To train our staff, so that when you do contact us you get the best possible service
Purchase history and saved items (Wish List)
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
- So that you can buy things, if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it!
- So that our Sellers can fulfil your orders
- So that we or our Sellers as needed, can provide customer service and support
- So that we can find out what you like and help improve our service to you
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
Information we collect when you browse our site including your IP address and device type, the browser you are using, and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- Improve our website and give you the best possible experience
- To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Flooringfitness – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, the Sellers themselves and any third party fulfillment partners and delivery companies they might use. Each only receives the data they need to provide the relevant service, and strictly only for that purpose.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, marketing system providers, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers for purposes including testing, research or analytics. Before we do so, we will make sure that that the information passed does not personally identify you.
We do not share your details with third parties for any other purpose.
If you have subscribed to receive our marketing or you have created an account or ordered from us, we will send you marketing messages by email (and occasionally by post) to share with you offers and information on products to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find products.
This is in our legitimate interests to do so but we strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first create an account or purchase and in every marketing message afterwards. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- Through the Communication Preferences in your flooringftness account
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting us
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent to that.
We engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we may target flooringftness banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of flooringftness or on flooringftness banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Protecting your information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our sellers and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Our sellers’ privacy policies
Our sellers are bound by the same legislation as us.
In using Flooringfitness our sellers (and their affiliates), agree not to:
- sell, barter, disclose or transfer to any third party, any data passed to them as a result of any transaction via the Site (e.g. personal data of any user), or permit any third party to have access to the same;
- send to any Flooringfitness user any non-electronic direct-mail marketing;
- send to any Flooringfitness user any electronic communication except as necessary to complete any Buyer’s transaction or to respond to a customer service enquiry made by such Buyer concerning such transaction;
- use any domain name (or any part of it) on Flooringfitness and/or otherwise in any communications that they have with any user of Flooringfitness;
- target unsolicited communications of any kind to any user of the Site.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to Flooringfitness using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
Please note: to make full use of Flooringfitness and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The Floorngfitness website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
The list below details the cookies used on Flooringfitness. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than ‘Flooringfitness’, these are our third party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like Flooringfitness to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.